What we offer
PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification is a private service provider that delivers Accent Modification and Speech Therapy services through online telepractice. We are based out of Niagara, Ontario in Canada.
We offer a variety of individualized assessment, treatment and consultation services for adults and children who are looking to communicate more effectively and confidently.
Therapy or Consultation
Our services can be classified as therapy or consultation, depending on your particular speech and language needs.
We are always eager to speak with individuals who have questions regarding our services, and to discuss whether our services are a good fit for you and your particular needs. To determine if we are a good fit, PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification offers a complimentary consultation to meet your speech therapist and to discuss your goals and fit for treatment or instruction. After our consultation, a comprehensive assessment may be completed. Immediate feedback is provided after the assessment and an intervention plan is developed with your input to provide client-centered outcomes that match your needs and commitment. Determining how many speech therapy sessions you require depends on the complexity of the communication issue as well as the intensity of your commitment to complete home practice programs. Accent modification services are provided in a comprehensive 13 week program package, with optional continuing sessions available, if desired.
Each training or therapy session includes the provision of tools, strategies and home practice materials to aid in successful progress. All therapeutic materials will be supplied in written, visual or audio formats.
Sessions are completed one on one to ensure individualized intervention and optimal results.
Eligibility: No referrals are necessary. All speech therapy clients must reside in Ontario, however, accent modification clients are able to access our services with no locational restrictions.
At PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification, sessions are completed online through video-conferencing technology for your convenience and privacy. The virtual accent modification program allows clients to learn and practice Standard American English from the comfort of their own home. Virtual speech therapy for children provides a motivating platform for kids to be engaged in during sessions. No need to worry about travel, time lost, and difficult scheduling. Schedule your virtual sessions with our simple online booking tool.
Book a Free Consultation
PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification is a private practice that provides services by a qualified and experienced speech-language pathologist who is registered in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).
Our focus is to provide practical and real-world outcomes in accent modification for adults, as well as therapeutic intervention of articulation, language and early intervention (late talkers) and stuttering for children and adults of all ages. We want you to succeed in real life communication situations. Natural conversation is a goal of intervention/instruction, and clients are encouraged to provide input on what is important to them.
Rebecca Bower, MHSc, S-LP (C) Reg. CASLPO, is a CASLPO-certified speech-language pathologist who is licensed in Ontario, Canada. She received her BA from Brock University and her MHSc from the University of Toronto. Rebecca is a Compton P-ESL-Certified Accent Reduction consultant and Instructor, Hanen It Takes Two to Talk Certified, as well as PROMPT trained. She has extensive experience providing speech and language intervention to individuals ranging from children to adults.
Note: For accent modification clients: Rebecca Bower speaks with a neutral Standard American English accent that is commonly heard in Toronto, Southern Ontario, as often heard on national television.
- Master of Health Science in Speech-Language Pathology, University of Toronto
- Certified Instructor, Compton P-ESL Accent Modification Method, Institute of Language and Phonology
- PROMPT trained: Prompts For Restructurig Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- Hanen Certified: It Takes Two To Talk – for children with language delays
- Registered Speech-Language Pathologist member in good standing, College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). CASLPO is a licensing body which assures clinical competence.
- Certified, Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Current Police Clearance: Police Vulnerable Sector Screening, Niagara Regional Police Services
- Rebecca has worked in various environments, providing assessment and therapeutic intervention in elementary schools, high schools, home care, acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, and in clients’ homes for eleven years. Areas of experience are broad, including pediatric articulation/phonological delays and disorders, voice, fluency, dysphagia, aphasia, etc.
- As a speech-language pathologist, Rebecca is uniquely qualified for accent modification training. She has more than eleven years’ experience working directly in phonetics and articulation rehabilitation as well as extensive experience in analysis of the intricacies of articulation. Rebecca is a Certified Compton P-ESL Accent Modification Instructor.
Rebecca strives to provide a warm, safe and comfortable atmosphere to improve her client’s communication, which is what makes her stand out from the rest. Her unique background enables her to create a truly personalized program, to support you in becoming the most effective communicator you (or your child) can be. Our services are founded on research-based methods, with a focus on real life outcomes.
Whether you are someone who deals with a lisp, a stutter, an accent that interferes with being truly heard in your professional field, or you are a parent of a child on a long waitlist for public services, or are not receiving the services your child truly needs, contact us to begin the path to improvement.
Book a Free Consultation