PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification is a private service provider that delivers Accent Modification services through online telepractice. We are based out of Niagara, Ontario in Canada.
We offer a variety of individualized assessment and instruction services for those looking to communicate more effectively and confidently.
PROactive Speech Therapy & Accent Modification is a private practice that provides services by a qualified and experienced speech-language pathologist who is registered in good standing with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).
Rebecca Bower, MHSc, Compton P-ESL Certified
Rebecca Bower, MHSc, S-LP (C) Reg. CASLPO, is a CASLPO-certified speech-language pathologist who is licensed in Ontario, Canada. Rebecca is a Compton P-ESL-Certified Instructor and global educator.
Note: For accent modification clients: Rebecca Bower speaks with a neutral Standard North American English accent that is commonly heard in Toronto, Southern Ontario, as often heard on national television.
• Master of Health Science in Speech-Language Pathology, University of Toronto
• Certified Instructor, Compton P-ESL Accent Modification Method, Institute of Language and Phonology
• PROMPT trained: Prompts For Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
• Hanen Certified: It Takes Two To Talk – For children with language delays
• Hanen Certified: More Than Words – For children with Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties
• Registered Speech-Language Pathologist member in good standing, College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). CASLPO is a licensing body which assures clinical competence.
• Certified, Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
• Rebecca has worked in various environments, providing assessment and therapeutic intervention in elementary schools, high schools, home care, acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, and in clients’ homes for more than twelve years. Areas of experience are broad, including articulation/phonological delays and disorders, motor speech difficulties, voice, fluency/stuttering, dysphagia, aphasia, etc.
• As a speech-language pathologist, Rebecca is uniquely qualified for accent modification training. She has extensive experience working directly in phonetics and articulation rehabilitation as well as experience in analysis of the intricacies of articulation. Rebecca is a Certified Compton P-ESL Accent Modification Instructor.
Work with an experienced professional in the area of articulation; work with a speech-language pathologist. The PROactive Pronunciation Course is tailored to our clients, with extensive support and feedback to ensure the best outcomes. Our services are founded on research-based methods, with a focus on real life outcomes.